Films & Other Videos
Films with: Torrent, Ana
- Cría cuervos
- Eight-year-old Ana lives in Madrid with her two sisters. They are mourning the death of her mother, whom Ana conjures as a ghost. Evokes both the complex feelings of childhood and the struggles of a nation emerging from the shadows of Fascism.
- DVD 5748
- Espíritu de la colmena The spirit of the beehive /
- Only dimly aware of the shadow of World War II somewhere beyond the Castilian plateau, sisters Isabel and Ana must occupy themselves as their preoccupied scientist father and isolated, languishing mother move in their solitary orbits. After attending the screening of James Whale's "Frankenstein" at a makeshift movie theater in town, Ana becomes obsessed with the idea of befriending the imaginary monster. Largely wordless, the film functions as a striking trompe d'loeil about childhood imagination versus the wider perspective of the adult world.
- DVD 8562
- No-do /
- "Francesca is a young pediatrician, traumatized by the loss of a child through crib death. When the family moves to a new home in the country, supposedly to help her recover from the experience, she begins seeing completely inexplicable things. The house in which they now live seems to hide terrible secrets. Both the cellar and the attic are locked and barred to the family--and it is from both of these places that Francesca receives nocturnal visits that are slowly driving her mad"--Container.
- DVD 12510
- Angela is preparing a thesis on violence and the media. Figueroa, her project director, accidentally discovers a film and on the following day he turns up dead. Angela's curiosity gets her in up to her neck.
- DVD 689
- A saga spanning over half a century of the twisted goings on between families in Northern Spain. From the Carlist Wars of 1875 to the Spanish Civil War in the thirties, the fathers, sons and grandsons are locked in an absurdly stubborn and emotionally exhausting conflict. Sometimes there seems to be no escape from how family ties dictate our fate.
- DVD 1178