Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tiomkin, Dimitri
- Alfred Hitchcock's "dial M for murder"
- A man devises a plan to murder his wife, not only because he wants her money, but because she is in love with another man.
- DVD 4311
- Frank Bigelow, a real-estate salesman, is given a slow-acting, lethal poison. In the few hours left to him he frantically seeks to learn who is responsible and why he was poisoned.
- DVD 153
- Bick Benedict, his society-gilded wife and three generations of land-rich Texas sons and daughters love, swagger, connive and clash in a monumental drama of family strife, racial bigotry and conflict between cattle barons and newly-rich oil tycoons.
- DVD 2930
- High and the mighty
- A commercial airliner develops engine trouble while flying over the Pacific Ocean. The pilot panics, so it is up to the washed-up co-pilot to get the plane down safely. Based on an Ernest K. Gann bestseller.
- DVD 4417
- Howard Hawks' Rio Bravo
- A Texas border sheriff fights off hired gunmen to keep a murderer in custody.
- DVD 1520
- I confess
- A priest hears a murderer's confession and then becomes the murder suspect himself.
- DVD 5782
- Land of the pharaohs
- The Great Pharaoh orders architect Vashtar to build him the highest pyramid in the world as his tomb. 15 years have passed and his treasury is dwindling, so he marries Princess Nellifer, but she is as ruthless as she is beautiful.
- DVD 12583
- Lost horizon
- Fleeing war-torn China, a small planeload of people are hijacked to an idyllic valley in the Himalayas where time has virtually stopped. There Conway, a British diplomat, falls in love with a beautiful woman, and is asked to remain in Shangri-La as its new leader.
- DVD 282
- Meet John Doe
- "John Doe," a genial and aimless tramp, is hoaxed into protesting against existing social evils as a newspaper circulation stunt. He pleas to the "little man" for brotherly love and democratic good will. Because of his simple sincerity, he becomes a national hero; John Doe clubs are formed and a spontaneous movement begins. John Doe is shocked when he discovers that it's all a plot by the owner of the paper, who plans to use the voting strength of the clubs to bludgeon his way to power. John Doe's resulting fight for democracy has a timeless, inspiring message for all Americans.
- DVD 1025
- Strangers on a train
- Guy Haines, a tennis star who hates his wife, is approached on a train by a stranger, Bruno Anthony, who hates his father. Anthony offers a plan: each could kill the other's victim. No motive, no clue would link the two murders save the casual meeting of strangers on a train.
- DVD 5785
- Thing from another world.
- A team of scientists, investigating a magnetic disturbance near the North Pole, discovers a disc-shaped object and some sort of man-like creature frozen beneath the ice.
- DVD 2506