Films & Other Videos
Films with: Thurber, James
- Secret life of Walter Mitty
- Walter, a mild-mannered mouse, imagines himself as a number of daredevil heroes. One of Walter's dreams becomes a reality when he gets involved with a beautiful blonde and becomes the target of a gang of jewel thieves who believe he has their loot.
- DVD 532
- Secret life of Walter Mitty /
- Watch the classic story by James Thurber, about a daydreamer who escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance, and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.
- DVD 10322
- UPA the jolly frolics collection /
- "[This three-disc set] includes 38 theatrical cartoons released from 1948 to 1959. Originally distributed by Columbia Pictures, the cartoon shorts produced by UPA (United Productions of America) were revolutionary, adopting the contemporary graphics of Modern design and offering non-traditional, provocative storytelling. Giving the animators at Disney, MGM and Warner Bros. a run for their money, UPA earned six nominations and three Academy Awards, and among their classic one-shot cartoons they adapted stories by James Thurber ("A Unicorn in the Garden") and Edgar Allan Poe ("The Tell-Tale Heart" narrated by James Mason). The studio tried to avoid repetition, but nevertheless presented two long-lasting characters in Gerald McBoing Boing (created by Dr. Seuss) and the near-sighted Mr. Magoo, whose first cartoon -- "Ragtime Bear" -- is also included in [collection]."--Container.
- DVD 8923