Films & Other Videos
Films with: Thompson, Jack
- Assassination of Richard Nixon
- Based on real-life events, Assassination is set in 1974 and centers on a businessman who takes extreme measures to achieve his American dream.
- DVD 3716
- Breaker Morant
- Following the brutal death of a British captain in the Boer War in South Africa in 1901, Lt. Harry Morant leads his unit in pursuit of the Boers, attacks their camp, and has a captive executed. Other executions and deaths lead to the arrest and trial of Morant and two other lieutenants.
- DVD 2069
- Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
- "The story of Jimmie, a young Australian half-cast Aborigine who is torn between his true Aboriginal roots and an impulsion to integrate himself into white colonial society. As Jimmie grows into a hard working young man, he consistently finds himself flagrantly cheated and suppressed by his white employers, forcing him to seek relief in love, which he finds in a white woman he marries under duress. However, as the pressure builds, Jimmie explodes, resulting in one of the darkest, most violent endings in movie history."--Container.
- DVD 5994
- Man from Snowy River
- Set during the 1880's when the Australian frontier was wild and dangerous, the film follows the exploits of a youth who sets out to tame a wild herd of horses.
- DVD 9328
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
- In a Japanese prison camp on Java in 1942, two British officers, John Lawrence and Jack Celliers, encounter camp commander Yonoi and his sergeant Hara. Things had been going pretty well, until charismatic, rebellious Celliers arrived. Yonoi is a devotee of the samurai ideal; neither he nor Hara can understand the stoic way in which the British prisoners accept their situation of defeat. Lawrence speaks Japanese, and ceaselessly tries to mediate between the prisoners and their overseers, translating both the words and the values of the two races. Celliers' attitude, however, is more comprehensible to Yonoi. He and Celliers arrive at a sort of détente, based on an admiration for the other, but this eventually turns into a contest of wills as the camp's carefully nurtured equilibrium is destroyed.
- DVD 8567
- Sum of us
- A heterosexual father and his gay son are trying to find Ms./Mr. Right respectively. The film shows their relationship with one another and the objects of their affection as tragedy strikes.
- DVD 2072