Films & Other Videos
Films with: Thirlby, Olivia
- Juno MacGuff is sixteen years-old who after a one-time sexual encounter with her best friend Paulie, learns that she's pregnant. Juno and Paulie like each other, but not enough to start a family, complete with a child. Paulie leaves all the decisions about the baby to Juno. Initially she decides to have an abortion, but can't go through with it. So she decides to have the baby and give it up for adoption. The next step is to find prospective parents for the yet unborn child. In the Pennysaver ad section, Juno finds Mark and Vanessa Loring, a yuppie couple living in the suburbs. Juno likes the Lorings and of her own choosing, she enters into a closed adoption contract with the Lorings. During the second and third trimesters of Juno's pregnancy, which she treats with care but detachment, her relationships with her family, with Paulie, and with the Lorings develop.
- DVD 5464
- New York, I love you
- In the city that never sleeps, love is always on the mind. Those passions come together as they create a kaleidoscope of the spontaneous, surprising, electrifying human connections that pump the city's heartbeat. Sexy, funny, haunting and revealing encounters unfold beneath the Manhattan skyline. From Tribeca to Central Park to Brooklyn, the story weaves a tale of love as diverse as the very fabric of New York itself. A collection of 10 different love stories.
- DVD 7248
- Stanford prison experiment
- In 1971, Stanford University professor Dr. Philip Zimbardo cast twenty-four male student volunteers as prisoners and guards in a simulated jail to examine the source of abusive behavior in the prison system. The results astonished the world, as participants went from middle-class undergrads to drunk-with-power sadists and submissive victims in just a few days. Based on a true story.
- DVD 11400
- Newly-inaugurated mayor, Rudolph Giuliani, is only beginning to implement his anti-fun initiatives against crimes like noisy portable radio, graffiti and public drunkenness. Set in this time, troubled high school student Luke Shapiro is a teenage pot dealer who forms a friendship with Dr. Jeffrey Squires, a psychiatrist and kindred lost soul. When the doctor proposes Luke trade him weed for therapy sessions, the two begin to explore both New York City and their own depression.
- DVD 6428