Films & Other Videos
Films with: Thirard, Armand
- Quai des orfèvres
- Set within the vibrant dancehalls and historic crime corridors of 1940s Paris, a singer with "stars in her eyes" ignores the protest of her covetous husband and pursues a meeting with a lecherous movie financier. When her husband attempts to crash the rendevous, murder ensues. Enter the detective, whose seasoned instincts lead him down a circuitous path of alibis.
- DVD 2068
- For Andre and the other members of the crew of the tugboat Cyclone, existence is harshly divided between the danger of the stormy seas and the safety of life at home with their patient women. When Andre meets temptation in the form of the alluring Catherine during a risky rescue, he comes perilously close to betraying his wife of ten years.
- DVD 9087
- Smiling Madame Beaudet La souriante Mme Beudet.
- One of the first feminist movies, The Smiling Madame Beudet is the story of an intelligent woman trapped in a loveless marriage. Her husband is used to playing a stupid practical joke in which he puts an empty revolver to his head and threatens to shoot himself. One day, while the husband is away, she puts bullets in the revolver. However, she is stricken with remorse and tries to retrieve the bullets the next morning. Her husband gets to the revolver first only this time he points the revolver at her.
- DVD 12403
- Beautiful, troubled Dominique Marceau came to bohemian Paris to escape the suffocation of provincial life, only to wind up in a courtroom, accused of a terrible crime: the murder of her lover. As the trial commences and the lawyers begin tangling over Dominique's fate, Henri-Georges Clouzot's Oscar-nominate film delves into her past, reconstructing her struggle to find a foothold in the city.
- DVD 13012