Films & Other Videos
Films with: Thigpen, Lynne
- America's war on poverty
- Examines the extent of poverty in the U.S. in the prosperous 1960s and how federal anti-poverty policies and programs were established and altered in the Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon administrations to promote education, job-training, community action, and basic health care. Such agencies and programs as: the Office of Economic Opportunity, Legal Services, VISTA, Head Start, and the National Welfare Rights Organization are also examined.
- DVD 12417
- Godspell A musical based on the Gospel according to St. Matthew /
- Film adaptation of the off-Broadway musical based on the Gospel According to St. Matthew. "Set in contemporary New York City, John the Baptist gathers a diverse band of youthful disciples to follow and learn from the teachings of Jesus. They form a roving acting troupe that enacts the Parables through the streets and landmarks of...New York City." -- Container.
- DVD 8192
- A prosperous dentist has his well-ordered existence thrown into turmoil when an alluring new patient draws him into the seedy underworld of sex, drugs and murder.
- DVD 2041
- Shattering the silences the case for minority faculty /
- Explores issues of faculty diversity in American higher education in the mid-1990s, focusing on the experience of eight minority scholars in the humanities and social sciences at various institutions.
- DVD 7785