Films & Other Videos
Films with: Testud, Sylvie
- Demain on déménage = Tomorrow we move
- When Charlotte takes in her widowed mother, the ensuing clutter drives her to distraction. As Charlotte pursues her desperate, slapstick quest for peace, her solution is to relocate, but the flood of buyers only make the place more crowded.
- DVD 3792
- Fu chou Vengeance /
- Costello is a world-weary but dapper gourmet chef who clearly has violence in his past when he enlists the help of hired assassins to enact his bloody revenge on the Chinese gangsters who nearly killed his little girl.
- DVD 8600
- Dramatizes the true experiences of individuals caught up in the Vel' d'Hiv roundup. In the summer of 1942 the French government, on the orders of the Nazi occupiers, conducted mass arrests of Jews in Paris and herded them into the Velodrome d'Hiver and a nearby internment camp from which they were ultimately shipped to Auschwitz and executed. Over 13,000 victims, including over 4000 children, were subjects of this atrocity.
- DVD 8141
- Stupeur et tremblements Fear and trembling /
- A dream job rapidly becomes a nightmare for Amelie, a Japanese-born Belgian woman, who suffers a series of increasingly humiliating demotions after she lands a job as an interpreter at a large Japanese corporation.
- DVD 8836
- Vie en rose
- Raised in a brothel, then wrested from the only life she knew by her father, so they could join the circus, Edith Piaf spent her teen years on the streets. She is finally "rescued" by a crime figure who gives her career a start and, ultimately, by her international success and final illness. Always frail, sickly, malnourished, and wildly temperamental, she was often on drugs or alcohol and was always in search of true love. Middleweight boxer, Marcel Cerdan, captures her heart and gives her something to live for, besides her music--at least for a while.
- DVD 5217