Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tenenbaum, Stephen
- Café society
- Set in the 1930s, a young Bronx native moves to Hollywood where he falls in love with the secretary of his powerful uncle, an agent to the stars. After returning to New York he is swept up in the vibrant world of high society nightclub life.
- DVD 11900
- Cassandra's dream
- When gambling debt and an expensive courtship place working-class brothers in a financial bind, a rich uncle offers them an out in exchange for committing murder.
- DVD 6025
- Irrational man /
- Philosophy professor Abe Lucas is at rock bottom emotionally, unable to find any meaning or joy in life. He feels that everything he's tried to do from political activism to teaching hasn't made any difference. Abe gets involved with two women: Rita Richards, a lonely professor who is unhappy in her marriage; and Jill Pollard, his best student, who becomes his closest friend. Pure chance changes everything when Abe and Jill overhear a stranger's conversation and become drawn in.
- DVD 11402
- Midnight in Paris
- "A romantic comedy about a family traveling to the French capital for business. The party includes a young engaged couple forced to confront the illusion that a life different from their own is better"--IMDB.com.
- DVD 8497
- Whatever works
- Boris Yellnikoff is a lifelong New York resident who attempts to impress his ideologies of religion, relationships, and the randomness of existence onto anyone who will listen. But when he begrudgingly allows Melodie St. Ann Celestine, a naïve Mississippi runaway, to live in his apartment, his reclusive rages give way to an unlikely friendship and Boris begins to mold the impressionable young girl's worldly views to match his own. When it comes to love, 'whatever works' is his motto, but his already perplexed life complicates itself further when Melodie's parents eventually track her down.
- DVD 7085
- You will meet a tall dark stranger
- After Alfie leaves his wife, Helena, to pursue his lost youth with a free-spirited call girl named Charmaine, Helena abandons rationality and surrenders her life to the loopy advice of a charlatan fortune teller. Meanwhile, daughter Sally develops a crush on her handsome boss, Greg, while her husband, Roy, becomes moonstruck over Dia, a mystery woman who catches his gaze through a nearby window. These four will find out how easy it is for their illusions to make fools of them.
- DVD 8116