Films & Other Videos
Films with: Teixeira, Rodrigo
- Call me by your name
- It's the summer of 1983 in Italy, and Elio, a precocious 17-year-old, spends his days in his family's villa transcribing and playing classical music, reading and flirting with his friend Marzia. One day, Oliver, a charming American scholar arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio's father, an eminent professor. Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.
- DVD 12610
- Frances Ha /
- Greta Gerwig is radiant as a woman in her late twenties in contemporary New York, trying to sort out her ambitions, her finances, and, above all, her tight but changing bond with her best friend, Sophie (Mickey Sumner). Meticulously directed by Noah Baumbach (Kicking and Screaming) with a free-and-easy vibe reminiscent of the French New Wave's most spirited films, and written by Baumbach and Gerwig with an effortless combination of sweetness and wit, Frances Ha gets at both the frustrations and the joys of being young and unsure of where to go next. This wry and sparkling city romance is a testament to the ongoing vitality of independent American cinema.
- DVD 9987
- Passions ignite and culture clash in this provocative coming-of-age story, based on the best-selling novel by Philip Roth. Marcus, a student from New Jersey arrives at a small conservative college in Ohio. He becomes infatuated with his class mate Olivia. The mutual attraction sparks a torrid encounter with consequences no one ever could have imagined. He puts his family's best-laid plans and his own beliefs to the ultimate test.
- DVD 11902
- Witch a New-England folktale /
- A family in 1630s New England faces destruction by the forces of witchcraft, black magic, and possession. When one of their five children goes missing and their life-sustaining crops fail, they fall victim to paranoia and fear as they begin to turn on one another.
- DVD 11748