Films & Other Videos
Films with: Techiné, André
- Égarés Strayed /
- After the German occupation of Paris during World War II, a young widow flees the war-torn city with her two children and must rely on a mysterious young stranger in order to survive.
- DVD 4672
- Fille du RER The girl on the train /
- "Jeanne lives in a house in the suburbs with her mother Louise. The two women get on well together. Louise earns her living by looking after children. Jeanne is half-heartedly looking for a job. Louise harbors the hope of getting her daughter a job with Samuel Bleistein, a famous lawyer she knew in her youth. They are set on a collision course because of an incredible lie that Jeanne invents, a lie that grows into the biggest news and political story of the day."--Container.
- DVD 10073
- Lieu du crime
- Thomas, a teenager suffering through his parents' divorce, is startled on a country walk by Martin, an escaped convict. The stranger demands that Thomas bring him money for train fare, but in complying, Thomas is nearly killed by Martin's violent accomplice. In a surprising scene, Martin saves Thomas's life. These striking events set the stage for Lili, Thomas's mother, a club owner. Trapped by both her struggles to raise Thomas and the village's provincial ways, Lili finds herself drawn to Martin, who she knows to be a criminal. As tangled impulses grow more intense, and the implications of both Lili's and Martin's quests for freedom escalate, this film unfurls a devastating portrait of the constraints both of childhood and of conventional morality.
- DVD 12193
- Ma saison préferée My favorite season /
- Drama exploring the relationship between Emilie and her brother Antoine during an emotional eruption of their disfunctional family.
- DVD 719
- Roseaux sauvages Wild reeds /
- A poignant coming-of-age story set in southwest France in 1962. Sensitive young François is uncertain of his sexuality as he finds himself more attracted to his classmate Serge than to his platonic girlfriend Maïté. An older boy, Henri, is drawn into the circle, further complicating relationships. Through their passage into adulthood, the four experience a series of sexual and political conflicts as they explore the mysteries of the human heart.
- DVD 657
- Temps qui changent Changing times /
- Antoine still has feelings for his first love Cécile after 30 years and arranges to be reunited with her in Morocco in the hopes of rekindling their love.
- DVD 6601