Films & Other Videos
Films with: Taylor, Robert
- Bataan realistically shows the tensions, the ugly hardships and the ultimate heroism of a small patrol of American and Filipino fighting men in 1942. Their task is to destroy a strategic bridge in a last-ditch battle against Japan's capture of the Philippines. No run-of-the-military war movie, Bataan is a stirring tribute to all who believe, in the words of one of the heroes, that "it doesn't matter where a man dies so long as he dies for freedom."
- DVD 90
- Life in 1847 Paris is as spirited as champagne and as unforgiving as the gray morning after. In gambling dens and lavish soirees, men of means exert their wills and women turned courtesans exult in pleasure.
- DVD 4442
- Devil's doorway
- Lance Poole, a Shoshone Indian, returns to his home in Medicine Bow, Wyoming, having won the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service in the Civil War. Despite his honorable war record, Lance is shunned by the white townspeople, who bear a grudge against him and his father because of their hold on the richest land in the region.
- DVD 12686
- Nicky is a seasoned master of misdirection who becomes romantically involved with novice con artist Jess. As he's teaching her the tricks of the trade, she gets too close for comfort and he abruptly breaks it off. Three years later, the former flame, now an accomplished femme fatale, shows up in Buenos Aires in the middle of the high stakes race-car circuit. In the midst of Nicky's latest, very dangerous scheme, she throws his plans for a loop, and the consummate con man off his game.
- DVD 11417
- Quo vadis
- Returning to Rome after 3 years in the field, General Marcus Vinicius meets and falls in love with the devout Christian, Lygia. She doesn't want to have anything to do with the warrior. Though Lygia grew up Roman, and as the adopted daughter of a retired general, Lygia is technically a hostage of Rome. Marcus gets Emperor Nero to give her to him for services rendered. Lygia is not happy about this situation, but she falls in love with Marcus anyway. Meanwhile, Nero's atrocities get more outrageous. When he burns Rome and blames the Christians, Marcus goes off to save Lygia and her family. Nero captures them and all other Christians. He decides to make a sport of it by throwing them to the lions.
- DVD 8339
- Where angels go, trouble follows
- Comedic drama centering around nuns in a convent and the conflict between the traditional, rigid values of the Roman Catholic church and the liberalism of the 1960s.
- DVD 7522