Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tati, Jacques
- Complete Jacques Tati
- Jour de fête: In this enchanting debut feature, Jacques Tati stars as a fussbudget of a postman who is thrown for a loop when a traveling fair comes to his village. Monsieur Hulot's holiday: Monsieur Hulot takes a holiday, at a seaside resort, where his presence provokes one catastrophe after another. Mon oncle: A supremely amusing satire of mechanized living and consumer society. Playtime: A nearly wordless comedy about confusion in an age of high technology. Trafic: The bumbling Monsieur Hulot, outfitted with tan raincoat, beaten brown hat, and umbrella, takes to Paris's highways and byways. Parade: The director himself serves as master of ceremonies at a circus. Focusing on the spectators, this stripped down work is a testament to the communion betwen audience and entertainment. Tati shorts: The charming short films directed by Jacques Tati.
- DVD 10881
- A French illusionist finds himself out of work and travels to Scotland. While performing in a village pub, he encounters Alice, an innocent young girl, who will change his life forever.
- DVD 9032
- Mon oncle
- A comedy in which the vague and clumsy M. Hulot, in contrast to his more wealthy sister and brother-in-law, is constantly at odds with the modern world.
- DVD 2713
- Modern Paris, a city of glass, steel and the encroaching age of technology. Admist the babble of tourists, the endearingly clumsy Monsieur Hulot tries to reconcile the old-fashioned ways with the confusing new ways.
- DVD 4502
- Vacances de Monsieur Hulot
- Presents a series of humorous impressions and incidents at a seaside Brittany resort involving the accident-prone Mr. Hulot. Principally visual humor. There is no story: simply a series of comic mix-ups and casual caricatures. Soundtrack is mostly ambient sound.
- DVD 3009