Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tatge, Catherine
- Art 21 art in the twenty-first century /
- A unique television series presenting 37 diverse artists working in the United States today, taking viewers behind the scenes--and beyond the museum or gallery experience--into artists' studios, homes, and communities to provide an intimate view of their lives, work, creative processes, and sources of inspiration. Themes provide a connective thread between profiles of three to five artists per program. The artists, including painters, photographers, sculptors, performance, and video artists, demonstrate the breadth of artistic practice across the United States and reveal the depth of intergenerational and multicultural talent"--Container.
- DVD 2857
- John Muir in the new world
- The life and the career of John Muir come to life through this inspiring and beautiful documentary set against the magnificent landscapes of the American West. The Scottish-born naturalist was one of the first nature preservationists in American history, inspiring others through his writing and his advocacy to keep the wilderness wild.
- DVD 8879
- Joseph Campbell and the power of myth
- Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell discuss the themes and roots of human myth which is seen as man's attempt to relate himself to the universe. Starting with various topics Campbell shows both how man creates his universe and is controlled by the myth he has created.
- DVD 4315