Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tamir, Itai
- Ḳarov la-bayit Close to home /
- Two female soldiers, one rebellious and one controlled, find friendship with one another while patrolling the streets of Jerusalem.
- DVD 5130
- Contemporary Jerusalem. An average middle-class Jewish family balances the rituals of family, friends, religion and work. When Eli unaccountably vanishes after a fluke car accident, the ensuing legal and emotional crisis immerses Eli's wife and two sons into a nightmare redefining the boundaries of everything they know, love and believe. While Alma navigates a bureaucratic maze of social services and paperwork, oldest son Menachem has his fragile faith and elusive adolescent peace of mind shaken to the core.
- DVD 6481
- Yomanim shel Yosef Naḥmani The diaries of Yossef Nachmani /
- A documentary examining a controversial period of Israeli history by drawing upon diaries kept by Yossef Nachmani, a land broker for the Jewish National Fund, who recorded his daily activities and private thoughts from 1937 to 1965. A moderate who believed Arabs and Jews could coexist, Nachmani ran up against forces that led to the 1947 United Nations Resolution which partitioned Palestine into Jews and Arab states. The film recounts his participation in acts of expelling Arabs and destroying their homes, and documents atrocities committed by the Haganah and IDF. His diaries showed his anguish at his actions and the actions of those around him.
- DVD 4852