Films & Other Videos
Films with: Symansky, Adam
- Cinéma vérité defining the moment /
- "The cinéma vérité (or direct cinema) movement of the '50s and '60s was driven by a group of rebel filmmakers tired of stilted documentaries. They wanted to show life as it really is: raw, gritty, dramatic. Rich in excerpts from vérité classics ... this is the first film to capture all the excitement of a revolution that changed movie-making forever"--Container. Includes commentary by filmmakers, and explores vérité's influence in everything from TV news to music videos to Webcams.
- DVD 3959
- Manufacturing consent Noam Chomsky and the media /
- Explores the political life and times of the controversial author, linguist, and radical philosopher Noam Chomsky. Focuses on Chomsky's analysis of the hidden use of ideological manipulation in democratic societies.
- DVD 1367
- Nollywood Babylon
- Chronicles the wild world of "Nollywood," a term coined in the early '90s to describe the world's fastest-growing national cinema, the Nigerian film industry. The film delves first-hand into Nigeria's explosive homegrown movie industry, producing 2500 films a year, most for under $10,000. Peppered with interviews with producers, directors and actors, film clips and buoyed by a rousing score fusing Afropop and traditional sounds, Nollywood Babylon celebrates the distinctive power of Nigerian cinema now bursting beyond the borders of Africa.
- DVD 7899