Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sun, Chyng-Feng
- Beyond good & evil children, media and violent times /
- "This video examines how the "good and evil" rhetoric, in both the entertainment and the news media, has helped children to dehumanize the enemies, justify their killing and treat the suffering of innocent civilians as necessary sacrifice"--Container.
- DVD 2759
- Latinos beyond reel challenging a media stereotype /
- Filmmakers Miguel Picker and Chyng Sun examine how U.S. news and entertainment media portray-- and do not portray-- Latinos. They uncover a pattern of gross under-representation. They challenge viewers to think critically about the wide-ranging effects of these media stereotypes.--Container.
- DVD 9438
- Mickey Mouse monopoly
- This program takes a close and critical look at the world Disney films create and reaches disturbing conclusions about the values propagated under the guise of innocence and fun.
- DVD 5982
- Price of pleasure pornography, sexuality & relationships /
- "Once relegated to the margins of society, pornography has emerged as one of the most visible and profitable sectors of the cultural industries, assuming an unprecedented role in the mainstream of our popular culture at the same time that its content has become more extreme and harsh, more overtly sexist and racist. This eye-opening and disturbing film places the voices of critics, producers, and performers alongside the observations of men and women as they candidly discuss the role pornography has played in shaping their sexual imaginations and relationships. [The film] moves beyond the liberal versus conservative debates so common in the culture to paint a myth-busting and nuanced portrait of how pleasure and pain, commerce and power, liberty and responsibility have become intertwined in the most intimate areas of our lives"--Container.
- DVD 4708