Films & Other Videos
Films with: Strand, Paul
- Avant-garde experimental cinema of the 1920s and '30s.
- Twenty-five short films selected from the avant garde movement of the 1920's and 1930's.
- DVD 3807
- Martin Scorsese's World Cinema Project.
- Touki bouki: "A vivid, fractured portrait of Senegal in the early 1970s. ... two young lovers long to leave Dakar for the glamour and comforts of France, but their escape plan is beset by complications both concrete and mystical"--Container. Redes: "In this vivid, documentary-like dramatization of the daily grind of men struggling to make a living by fishing on the Gulf of Mexico (mostly played by real-life fishermen), one worker's terrible loss instigates a political awakening among him and his fellow laborers"--Container.
- DVD 10499
- Paul Robeson : portraits of the artist.
- A collection of feature films that starred Paul Robeson, plus one short documentary narrated by Sidney Poitier. "All-American athlete, scholar, renowned baritone, stage actor, and social activist, Paul Robeson...the son of an escaped slave, managed to become a top-billed movie star during the time of Jim Crow America...his film legacy lives on and continues to speak eloquently of the long and difficult journey of a courageous and outspoken African-American."--Container.
- DVD 6633
- Strand under the dark cloth /
- An overview of the life and career of photographer Paul Strand. Features Strand's most famous photographs, clips from his films, and interviews with his wife, friends, and collaborators.
- DVD 2960