Films & Other Videos
Films with: Storaro, Vittorio
- Bird with the crystal plumage
- An American writer traveling in Italy witnesses an attempted murder. After the police have little success in solving the crime, he decides to investigate the matter himself.
- DVD 11277
- Café society
- Set in the 1930s, a young Bronx native moves to Hollywood where he falls in love with the secretary of his powerful uncle, an agent to the stars. After returning to New York he is swept up in the vibrant world of high society nightclub life.
- DVD 11900
- One from the heart
- Legendary director Francis Ford Coppola shines his spotlight on a Las Vegas couple (Teri Garr, Frederic Forrest) whose break-up on the 4th of July leads them both to a night on the strip in pursuit of their romantic fantasies (Raul Julia, Natassia Kinski). But in this town of gamblers and dreamers, should they bet it all on dreams, or give true love another roll of the dice? Featuring the stunning photography of Vittorio Storaro. Includes a fantasy sequence (tango, Bora-Bora flamenco, and Las Vegas street scene), performed by Teri Garr, Raul Julia, and ensemble.
- DVD 10843
- The true story of the love affair of John Reed, American Communist, journalist and activist and Louise Bryant, writer and feminist.
- DVD 5039
- Sheltering sky
- An American artist couple, drawn by desire to the Sahara, travel there shortly after World War II in order to follow their passionate obsessions in an attempt to recapture the love they once shared.
- DVD 1620
- Set in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the film tells the story of director Mario Suarez's quest to make the ultimate tango film. Lonely after his wife (one of the film's stars) has left him, Mario must find the themes that will hold the film together, while simultaneously permitting his musicians and dancers the freedom of expression that is necessary to satisfy the tango-hungry Argentine audience. Things become complicated when Mario falls in love with Elena, a beautiful and talented young dancer who is the girlfriend of the powerful and dangerous Angelo Larroca, an investor in the picture. And Mario's creative vision is challenged by his investors when he plans a scene that recreates Argentina's dark years of political suppression and "disappearances".
- DVD 693