Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stoppard, Tom
- Anna Karenina
- Set in late 19th century Russia high-society, the aristocrat Anna Karenina enters into a life-changing affair with the affluent Count Vronsky.
- DVD 9466
- A daydreaming bureaucrat becomes involved with an underground superhero and a beautiful mysterious woman and becomes the tragic victim of his own romantic illusions.
- DVD 109
- Empire of the sun
- Based on J.G. Ballard's autobiographical novel, tells the story of a boy, James Graham, whose privileged life is upturned by the Japanese invasion of Shanghai, December 8, 1941. Separated from his parents, he is eventually captured, and taken to Soo Chow confinement camp, next to a captured Chinese airfield. Amidst the sickness and food shortages in the camp, Jim attempts to reconstruct his former life, all the while bringing spirit and dignity to those around him.
- DVD 1525
- Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are dead
- The fringe characters from Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' take center stage at Elsinore.
- DVD 4316
- Russia house
- Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer both deliver exceptional performances as two people - he from England, she from Russia - caught up in a world of spies and politics, whose love could prove fatal to them both. When Katya, a beautiful Russian book editor attempts to send British publisher Barley Blair a manuscript written by "DANTE", a noted Soviet scientist, she unwittingly involves him in a world of international espionage. Having met Blair at a dinner party, Dante trusts him to publish the manuscript, which contains information that could alter the balance of world power. But before the manuscript reaches Blair it is intercepted by the West's spy-masters, who then send Blair to Russia to gain more information on the mysterious manuscript. But when Blair falls in love with Katya, he must decide whose side he is really on.
- DVD 1875
- The Duc de Condé's employee, François Vatel, is in charge of cooking, and preparing shows for the French King Louis XIV when he visits the castle of Chantilly, owned by de Condé. If Vatel can impress the King, de Condé will gain his favors, and the destiny of France will change. While the King is visiting and three days of banquets ensue, Vatel falls in love with the King's mistress.
- DVD 9470