Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stone, Robert
- Civilian Conservation Corps
- Started in 1933 by President Franklin Roosevelt as part of the New Deal, the CCC was used as a way to not only help unemployed Americans, but to help conserve some of the country's forests and parks. Over the next ten years it would employ over 3 million men who planted trees, fought fires, and helped their families financially. Features interviews and archived footage.
- DVD 7299
- Earth days
- Acclaimed director Robert Stone traces the origins of the modern environmental movement through the eyes of nine Americans who propelled the movement from its beginnings in the 1950s to its moment of triumph in 1970 with the original Earth Day, and to its status as a major political force in America. Features the pioneers that started it all, never-before-seen archival footage, and more.
- DVD 7345
- Guerrilla the taking of Patty Hearst /
- On February 4, 1974, college student Patty Hearst (granddaughter of newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst), was kidnapped from her apartment by a terrorist group calling itself the Symbionese Liberation Army. The SLA, seeking to foment a violent uprising within America's working class, forced the Hearst family to donate millions of dollars in food to the poor. But two months after her kidnapping, Patty emerged in public as Tania, an armed member of the SLA who helped her captors to rob a bank. Director Robert Stone uses rare and previously unseen archive footage as well as interviews with former SLA members to explain "America's first encounter with modern media-driven political terrorism."
- DVD 4204
- Oswald's ghost
- A look at the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and how many people still believe that there wasn't a lone gunman involved. Features rarely seen archival footage; interviews; government investigations; and more.
- DVD 5433
- Radio bikini
- Using extraordinary and rarely seen archival footage, director Robert Stone brings to light the largely untold story of Bikini Atoll. A peaceful, tropical island in the Pacific, it was the sight of a series of atomic bomb tests in 1946.
- DVD 7471
- Who'll stop the rain
- A struggle between smugglers and sadistic thieves to possess two kilograms of heroin.
- DVD 6636