Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stewart, Alexandra
- Jetée Sans soleil.
- La jetée: An unnamed man experiments with time travel, in hopes of finding a solutions to the problems of his post-apocalyptic home era. Narrated almost entirely using black-and-white still photographs. Sans soleil: Actress Alexandra Stewart reads and comments on the letters she receives from (fictional) Sandor Krasna, a world-traveling freelance cameraman. Explores the immense diversity of the human species and its differing societies.
- DVD 5143
- Nuit américaine Day for night /
- Frictions and personality clashes beset the making of a romantic film in Nice.
- DVD 5905
- Souvenir d'un avenir Remembrance of things to come /
- Ostensibly a portrait of photographer Denise Bellon, focusing on the two decades between 1935 and 1955, the film leaps and backtracks from subject to subject, from a family portrait of Bellon and her two daughters, to a wide-ranging history of surrealism, of the city of Paris, of French cinema and the birth of the cinématheque, of Europe, the National Front, the Second World War and Spanish Civil War, and postwar politics and culture.
- DVD 7908
- Under the sand
- For years, Marie and Jean have spent their vacations at their country home. One day at the beach, Marie falls asleep while Jean goes for a swim. When she awakens, he is gone. Marie notifies the authorities and even after an extensive search, no body is found. Did he drown or did he just run off?
- DVD 1318