Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stein, Peter
- Brick by brick a civil rights story /
- "Uses the bitter struggle over equal housing rights in Yonkers, New York, during the 1980s to show the 'massive resistance' the Civil Rights movement confronted when it moved North"--Container.
- DVD 7786
- Franz Boas, 1858-1942
- Profile of the German physicist who was responsible for shaping the course of American anthropology, by bringing discipline and order to a field that had previously dealt in subjective "race classification." Includes reflections and anecdotes by scholars and students, excerpts from journals and letters, and archival photographs. Discusses the Kwakiutl Indians, the principal subjects of Boas' field work.
- DVD 7857
- Midwife's tale
- Tells the story of two women, 200 years apart, linked together by the massive yet cryptic diary one of them left behind. The life and world of Martha Ballard, a frontier midwife in Maine, is reconstructed through her diary. She lived through the economic boom and bust, and political and social turmoil of the decades following the American Revolution.
- DVD 10305
- Pelléas et Mélisande
- Tragic story of Golaud, his marriage to the long-haired Mélisande, her subsequent love for Pélleas, and their deaths.
- DVD 3304