Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stantic, Lita
- Recounts the true story of a young Catholic socialite from Buenos Aires, Camila O'Gorman, who falls in love and runs away with a young Jesuit priest, Ladislao Gutierrez, in 1847. Eventually they are found and executed by the repressive government. The film also makes a statement about the affect of dictatorship on personal and political freedom.
- DVD 3134
- Ciénaga The swamp /
- Mecha is a middle-aged woman with several bored teenagers, a husband who dyes his hair, and the tedious problem of sullen servants - nothing a few drinks can't cure. To avoid the hot and humid weather, they spend their summers at a country estate. Mecha's cousin, Tali, lives in a nearby city, has a crew of small, noisy children she is trying to deal with. Before long, the restlessness of domesticity strains both families' nerves, exposing secrets and threatening to erupt into violence.
- DVD 1032
- Niña santa
- Dr. Jano is speaking at a medical convention at an Argentinean hotel well past its prime. He is attracted to Helena, single mother and co-owner of the hotel. Amalia, Helena's teenage daughter, is starting to explore both her faith and her sexuality, spending much of her time with her best friend Josephina. In their imaginations, the girls tend to conflate the erotic, the religious, and the lurid. Then Dr. Jano makes an anonymous sexual advance towards Amalia in public, and sets in motion a chain of events that will have serious consequences for all of them.
- DVD 11039
- Señora de Nadie Nobody's wife /
- Leonor is living the good life: a husband, two kids, a comfortable home. But when she discovers her husband is cheating on her, that life collapses. Leonor flees the world she knows, finds a new job and begins to meet new men. From a distance, she cautiously observes her children.
- DVD 3132
- Yo, la peor de todas I, the worst of all /
- This historical drama tells the story of Juana Inés de la Cruz, one of the greatest poets of the Spanish Siglo de Oro. In order to pursue her passion for writing, Juana enters the convent. There, she develops an intimate relationship with the vicereine, who inspires her poetry. But when the forces of the Inquisition invade the convent, the women have only each other to turn to.
- DVD 3133