Films & Other Videos
Films with: Spiesser, Jacques
- Berlin 1885 the division of Africa /
- The story of the first international conference on Africa, which established its division amongst the European powers, and created Congo as a personal possession of the Belgian king. Both a reenactment and a documentary.
- DVD 8664
- Black and white in color
- An irrepressible and timely satire on racism, colonialism, and war. Set in the Ivory Coast during the First World War, a group of French colonials learn that their country is at war with Germany. Spurred on by a capricious moment of patriotism, the Frenchmen decide to attack their German neighbors who reside in a colony up the river.
- DVD 1919
- Dernier diamant Last diamond /
- Simon Carrerra has just been released from prison and is now on parole. His friend Albert persuades him back to his old ways with the idea of a big-time heist of a celebrated diamond in Antwerp: the "Florentine." The jewel's owner, Marie Neuville, suddenly passes away and her daughter, Julia, is left in charge of the sale. Simon encounters Julia while posing as a friend of Julia's mother. Slowly but surely, the two become closer. He manages to use their relationship to get to the diamond and the heist is a success. However, another member of the heist has a different motive and Simon has to decide if he wants to continue with the crime or help Julia recover the diamond.
- DVD 12309
- Hors de prix Priceless /
- Irene is with her elderly paramour, on the Riviera, to celebrate her birthday. When he falls asleep on her, she decides to slip down to the hotel bar. There, she mistakes barman Jean for a wealthy guest. He encourages the deceit by taking her up to the Royal Suite for the night. The following year, the same thing happens. This time her lover finds out and disowns her. Knowing Jean is a barman of little means doesn't stop her from wanting to be with him. Jean soon finds himself in Irene's shoes with an older and worldly-wise Madeleine. Even though they both have paramours, the two keep in increasingly close touch.
- DVD 6390