Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sophocles
- The Greek tragedy of Sophocles in which King Creon orders Antigone's death for burying her slain brother against the King's desire.
- DVD 9573
- Antigone rites of passion /
- An innovative dance/film interpretation of the classic Greek drama of the heroine who defied the state to bury her brother. The film examines the conflict between moral and political law.
- DVD 4545
- Gospel at Colonus
- Told from the perspective of a Black Pentecostal preacher and his congregation, this play dramatizes legendary Greek character Oedipus' last days on Earth. Having blinded himself out of guilt, Oedipus makes a solace-seeking pilgrimage to Colonus, the place where he believes he is meant to die. Primarily through song, the preacher and his congregation translate this story of redemption into a Christian parable.
- DVD 10866
- I cannibali The year of the cannibals /
- The story of Antigone in the world that has gone urban and mass murder. One woman only sees the dead people as her brothers, hundreds of them, no being buried since the bodies indicate a message of subversion: you are going to be dead yourself if you're not as imposed. A woman and her male friend however take the risk and collect the bodies in order to give them a proper burial.
- DVD 10237
- Oedipus Rex
- "A dark and riveting retelling of the classic Greek tragedy, 'Oedipus Rex'. Unknown to himself, Oedipus kills his father and marries his mother. When the truth is discovered, he puts out his eyes and Oedipus wanders the streets until he is found by his daughter, Antigone, a common blind beggar"--Container.
- DVD 2702
- Oedipus the king
- The beginning of the Oedipus saga tells of Oedipus the king & the working out of the curse on the royal house of Thebes.
- DVD 8809