Films & Other Videos
Films with: Snell, Anja
- Charming illusion of reality
- Covers the concern with textual expression from the masterworks of Gerard Dou to the modern "magical realists" like Carel Willink and Raoul Hynckes, to the contemporary concerns with texture as an end in itself and its ultimate expression in the sculptural use of scraps and garbage.
- DVD 7886
- Dutch art in its own environment
- Examines the relationship between art and everyday life and the landscape in the Netherlands.
- DVD 7885
- Light and shadow
- Discusses how light and shadow have been used by Dutch masters in their paintings for the past five centuries. Examines works by Rembrandt and his followers, Vermeer, and Mondrian.
- DVD 7887
- Non-existent reality
- From Rembrandt's Biblical portraits to scenes of Arcadian bliss, from subconscious dreamscapes to nightmares of hellish retribution, artists have had to find models for executing their visions. This program compares the realistic environment with the artistic creations from a Lucas van Leyden triptych to Drupsteen's spectacle with state-of-the-art video techniques.
- DVD 7888