Films & Other Videos
Films with: Smith, Roger Guenveur
- American gangster
- Following the death of his employer and mentor, Bumpy Johnson, Frank Lucas establishes himself as the number one importer of heroin in Harlem. He does so by buying heroin directly from a source in South East Asia, and he comes up with a unique way of importing the drugs into the United States. As a result, his product is superior to what is currently available on the street and his prices are lower. His alliance with the New York Mafia ensures his position. Richie Roberts is a dedicated and honest policeman who heads up a joint narcotics task force with the Federal government and is determined to bring down Lucas' drug empire. Based on a true story.
- DVD 5620
- Youthful innocence and passionate love are lost to greed, deceit and murder in Shakespeare's immortal "Hamlet." Hamlet is visited one dark night in a dream by the spirit of his dead father, proclaiming his untimely death at the hand of his own brother, Claudius. Greed is the motive. The prize is the throne and his beloved wife, Gertrude.
- DVD 2463
- Huey P. Newton story
- A dramatization of the life of Huey P. Newton, late co-founder of the Black Panther Party. Includes archival footage.
- DVD 4333
- Unchained memories readings from the slave narratives /
- When the Civil War ended in 1865, more than 4 million slaves were set free. By the late 1930's, 100,000 former slaves were still alive. In the midst of the Great Depression, journalists and writers traveled the country to record the memories of the last generation of African-Americans born into bondage. Over 2,000 interviews were transcribed as spoken, in the vernacular of the time, to form a unique historical record.
- DVD 5499