Films & Other Videos
Films with: Silverman, Sarah
- Comedy veterans, Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza, use their insider status and invite over 100 of their closest friends to reminisce, analyze, deconstruct and deliver their own versions of the world's dirtiest joke. The joke is an old burlesque routine too extreme to be performed in public. It's called The Aristocrats.
- DVD 4115
- Last laugh
- A feature documentary that proceeds from the premise that the Holocaust would seem to be an absolutely off-limits topic for comedy. But is it? History shows that even the victims of the Nazi concentration camps themselves used humor as a means of survival and resistance. Still, any use of comedy in connection with this horror risks diminishing the suffering of millions. So where is the line? If we make the Holocaust off limits, what are the implications for other controversial subjects--9/11, AIDS, racism--in a society that prizes freedom of speech? Shot on Super 16mm, "The Last Laugh" thoughtfully weaves together an intimate cinema verité portrait of Auschwitz survivor Renee Firestone alongside interviews with influential comedians and thinkers ranging from Mel Brooks, Sarah Silverman, and Gilbert Gottfried to authors Etgar Keret, Shalom Auslander, and Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League, as well as archival material ranging from "The Producers" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm," to clips of comics such as Louis CK, Joan Rivers, and Chris Rock, to newly discovered footage of Jerry Lewis' never-released film Holocaust comedy "The Day the Clown Cried," to rare footage of cabarets inside the concentration camps themselves. In doing so, "The Last Laugh" offers fresh insights into the Holocaust in a way we haven't seen before.--thefilmcollaborative.org
- DVD 12473
- Sarah Silverman. the unrated movie /
- Sarah's live comedy performance augmented with skits and new musical numbers. Sarah delivers one part comedy, one part parody and one part message from Mars.
- DVD 4583
- School of rock
- When his band votes him out due to his embarrasing musical antics, Dewey has to make the rent somehow. After intercepting a call for his substitute-teacher roomie Ned, Dewey finds himself in front of a class of elite elementary school students. Dewey decides to take on the music program and makes it his goal to teach them the gospel of rock and roll. His ulterior motive is to get them to compete against his former band for a cash prize.
- DVD 4461
- Wreck-It Ralph
- For decades, Ralph has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz. Then, when an evil army threatens their world, Ralph realizes he holds the fate of the entire arcade in his massive hands.
- DVD 9400