Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sienkiewicz, Henryk
- Ogniem i mieczem With fire and sword /
- The historical background is the 17th century. Poland was the largest, the most democratic, and the most tolerant country in Europe. However, the tragic civil war brought about the gradual decline of the once glorious republic.
- DVD 3274
- Pan Wołodyjowski Colonel Wolodyjowski /
- Set in the year 1668, the Turks are invading Poland. Colonel Wolodyjowski, the leader of the Polish troops, forms an alliance with a group of Polish Tartars and mounts a final defense against the massive army of the Turkish Sultan.
- DVD 3276
- Potop The deluge /
- The Swedish army's 17th century invasion of Poland is intertwined with the love story of Andrzej and Oleńka.
- DVD 3275
- Quo vadis
- Returning to Rome after 3 years in the field, General Marcus Vinicius meets and falls in love with the devout Christian, Lygia. She doesn't want to have anything to do with the warrior. Though Lygia grew up Roman, and as the adopted daughter of a retired general, Lygia is technically a hostage of Rome. Marcus gets Emperor Nero to give her to him for services rendered. Lygia is not happy about this situation, but she falls in love with Marcus anyway. Meanwhile, Nero's atrocities get more outrageous. When he burns Rome and blames the Christians, Marcus goes off to save Lygia and her family. Nero captures them and all other Christians. He decides to make a sport of it by throwing them to the lions.
- DVD 8339
- W pustyni i w puszczy In desert and wilderness /
- This internationally and critically acclaimed, award-winning film, combines a children's adventure story with the look and feel of Lawrence of Arabia. Winner of 5 international cinema awards.
- DVD 3608