Films & Other Videos
Films with: Shaw, Martin
- George Gently
- "Detective Chief Inspector George Gently ... returns to the job six months after he and his sergeant, John Bacchus ... were gravely injured in the line of duty. Both officers appear to be on the mend, physically at least. ... At a time of changing attitudes and values in Britain, Gently and Bacchus are undergoing transitions of their own ... set in 1969"--Container.
- DVD 11586
- George Gently
- Actor Martin Shaw stars as the principled detective George Gently in these four feature-length mysteries. These dramas unfold against the beautiful backdrop of rural Britain during the tumultuous 1960s. Based on the long-running series of books by Alan Hunter
- DVD 11640
- George Gently Collection
- Series 1 : Stubborn, incorruptible old cop George Gently partners with a young, ambitious protege to tackle cases in the North East of England during the turbulent 1960s. Series 2 : Inspector George Gently now tracks murderers in Britain's North Country. Far from London, these once-quiet counties are just beginning to feel the social and political changes of the 1960s. This series finds Gently and Bacchus confronting sex-club entrepreneurs, corrupt politicians, gangs, and more. Series 3: Grizzled and grieving widower Gently finds new life and purpose in Britain's windswept Northumberland. In the mid-1960s, this remote region has just begun to feel the ripples of social and cutural change rocking the rest of the world. In this series, Gently and Bacchus delve into a family's daarrk secrets and a university's chaotic campus. Series 4 : In this series, Gently and Bacchus investigate the suspicious death of an ex-informant facing a seemingly hopeless future, as well as the murder of a young woman poised on the brink of an exciting chapter in her life.
- DVD 11278
- A classic tragedy about the lust for power and its ultimate bloody consequences. Macbeth is a Scottish war hero whose insane ambition unleashes a cycle of violence. Prompted by the supernatural prophecy of three witches, Macbeth is then goaded by his lady into slaying King Duncan in order to assume the throne. He plunges further into murder and moral decay to keep the unsteady crown on his head.
- DVD 2465
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The hound of the Baskervilles
- Lord Baskerville is dead, seemingly killed by the slavering jaws of a supernatural monster of the moors. The second (and last) of an intended series of film adaptations of Holmes novels.
- DVD 11359