Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sendak, Maurice
- Far out isn't far enough : the Tomi Ungerer story /
- One man's wild, lifelong adventure of testing society's boundaries through his subversive art combines traditional documentary storytelling with original animation culled from seven decades worth of art from the renegade children's book author and illustrator. Using a palette of 20th century events to paint an artist's epic yet controversial life story, the film offers a retrospective of Ungerer's life and art.
- DVD 10217
- Where the wild things are
- Max has an active imagination, who will throw a fit if others don't go along with what he wants. Following an incident with his sister Claire and her friends, Max throws a tantrum when his mother pays more attention to her boyfriend than to him - runs away from home. Wearing his wolf costume at the time, Max not only runs away physically, but runs toward a world in his imagination. This world, an ocean away, is inhabited by large wild beasts, including Carol who has the same temperament as Max. Instead of eating Max like they normally would with creatures of his type, the wild things befriend Max after he proclaims himself a king who can magically solve all their problems.
- DVD 7320
- Where the wild things are and other Maurice Sendak stories /
- Where the wild things are: Max is sent to bed without any dinner. He sails off to a world inhabited by weird creatures. The nutshell kids: Poems set to music. Dance through the alphabet, good manners, numbers and the months of the year. In the night kitchen: Mickey is awakened by noises in the night. Who's in the kitchen?
- DVD 3518