Films & Other Videos
Films with: Seldes, Marian
- Ballets Russes
- Presents an oral history of the Ballets Russes from the point of view of its many surviving performers. Dancers discuss working with George Balanchine. Includes performance footage.
- DVD 4674
- If these walls could talk.
- Set in different decades in the same house, these stories of three lesbian couples each reflect a specific concern. In 1961, Abby and Edith, two retired schoolteachers, lead a quiet life. Abby has a stroke and dies, and her nephew and his wife come for the funeral and to sort and sell Abby's things, unaware that she and Edith were a lifelong couple. In 1972, four college-age lesbians share the house. They have problems with the campus feminism group, and Linda is drawn to Amy a very butch lesbian who wears a men's clothing and drives a motorcycle. How can a feminist fall for a lesbian who acts like and dresses like a man? By 2000, long-term couple Fran and Kal want to have a child, and their quest leads from proposing sperm donation to a gay couple they know, to the horror of shopping for sperm on the Internet.
- DVD 7138
- Proteus a nineteenth century vision /
- Through the works of biologist and philosopher Ernst Haeckel, the role of the sea as the "outer space" of his time is explored. Based almost entirely on 19th-century scientific illustrations, paintings, and photographs brought to life through innovative animation, Proteus explores the undersea world through a complex tapestry of biology, oceanography, scientific history, poetry and myth.
- DVD 2543