Films & Other Videos
Films with: Scotta, Carole
- Book of life
- In this dark comedy about the Apocalypse, Jesus (Martin Donovan) arrives at JFK Airport with his assistant, Magdalena (P.J. Harvey). He transfers the "Book of Life" to computer disk and battles the Devil (Thomas Jay Ryan) for human souls, with second thoughts about whether these lives are worth saving.
- DVD 1141
- Entre les murs
- François and his fellow teachers prepare for a new year at a high school in a tough neighborhood. Armed with the best intentions, they brace themselves to not let discouragement stop them from trying to give the best education to their students. Cultures and attitudes often clash in the classroom, a microcosm of contemporary France. As amusing and inspiring as the teenaged students can be, their difficult behavior can still jeopardize any teacher's enthusiasm for the low-paying job. François insists on an atmosphere of respect and diligence. Neither stuffy nor severe, his extravagant frankness often takes the students by surprise. But his classroom ethics are put to the test when his students begin to challenge his methods.
- DVD 6869
- Ma vie en rose My life in pink /
- Ludovic is waiting for a miracle. With six-year-old certainty, he believes he was meant to be a little girl and that the mistake will soon be corrected. But where he expects the miraculous, Ludo finds only rejection, isolation and guilt--as the intense reactions of family, friends, and neighbors strip away every innocent lace and bauble.
- DVD 723
- Ressources humaines Human resources /
- Franck takes an internship in Human Resources at a factory where his father works. When Franck's efforts to better the company lead to the firing of many employees, including his father, a furious confrontation ensues.
- DVD 4559
- Vie sur terre Life on earth /
- A film about the significance of the start of the 21st Century for people still struggling to enter the 20th. Abderrahmane Sissako's solution was to improvise a 'fictional documentary' out of daily life in Sokolo, his father's village in Mali near the southeastern corner of Mauritania. He then overlaid these vignettes with readings from Aimé Césaire ... Behind all of this, he weaves the melancholy tones ["Folon"] of the great Malian tenor, Salif Keita and music by other artists.
- DVD 1966
- Zero motivation
- Zero Motivation is a unique, sharply observed, sometimes dark and often hilarious portrait of everyday life for a unit of young, female soldiers in a remote Israeli desert outpost. Playing out like M*A*S*H meets Orange is the New Black, Talya Lavie's debut details the power struggles of three women with different agendas and very little to do. Pencil-pushers in the Human Resources Office, best friends Zohar (Dana Ivgy) and Daffi (Nelly Tagar) spend their time playing video games, singing pop songs, jousting with stationery and dreaming of Tel Aviv. The indolent twosome are watched over by their aspiring senior officer, Rama (Shani Klein), who dreams of a higher position and a significant military career, but with a platoon of unskilled, idle, female soldiers without any drive under her charge, her ambitions for promotion are constantly thwarted.
- DVD 11088