Films & Other Videos
Films with: Schor, Juliet
- Economics of happiness
- A documentary film about economic localization, a powerful strategy that can help heal our world from crisis -- our ecosystems, our societies, and ourselves. "The Economic of Happiness describes a world moving simultaneously in two opposing directions. As governments and big business continue to push for 'growth' in the form of increased global trade, we're seeing an increase in climate chaos, senseless war, fundamentalism, financial volatility, income inequality, and the consolidation of corporate power. At the same time, people around the world are resisting those policies, demanding a re-regulation of both trade and finance. And, far from the old institutions of power, communities are coming together to re-build more human-scale, ecological economies based on a new paradigm -- an economics of localization."--Container.
- DVD 10802
- New economics 101 true wealth in the new economy /
- Economist and bestselling author Juliet Schor lays out a positive vision for rethinking our relationship to consumer goods. Schor makes a compelling case that preserving dwindling natural resources and enhancing economic security should have less to do with managing scarcity and learning to sacrifice than with envisioning new forms of plentitude. The result is a bold and practical vision for replacing the old dead-end, debt-financed, work-and-spend cycle with a new paradigm of sustainability fueled by the abundant and infinitely renewable resources of time, creativity, and community.--Publisher description.
- DVD 9843
- Overspent American why we want what we don't need /
- Film explains the cultural forces behind Americans overspending in order to demonstrate material success.
- DVD 2710