Films & Other Videos
Films with: Santoro, Rodrigo
- In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army in the mountain pass of Thermopylae. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. Persian King Xerxes lead a Army of well over 100,000 men to Greece and was confronted by 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians and other Slave soldiers. Xerxes waited many days for King Leonidas to surrender or withdraw. When the Greeks did not leave, Xerxes was left with no option and he moved forward. The battle lasted for about 3 days and after which all 300 Spartans were killed. The Spartan defeat would not have happened if not for a local shepherd, named Ephialtes, who defected to the Persians and informed Xerxes of a separate path through Thermopylae, which the Persians could use to outflank the Greeks.
- DVD 5037
- Behind the sun
- Two families, who both grow sugar cane, have been squabbling over the ownership of a piece of land for years. The disagreement then turned violent. The Breveses, a much smaller family, have been suffering more than their rivals and a steady drop in sugar prices has also left the family with little but their pride. When the eldest son of the Breves family is killed, his father orders his next-oldest son to kill one of the Ferreira boys. He finds himself questioning the wisdom of this bloody rivalry, and he ponders his fate while spending time with his younger brother.
- DVD 8490
- Set in São Paulo's House of Detention, locally known as Carandiru. An oncologist arrives at the jail to test patients for HIV infection. Seeing the disease, overcrowding, and rampant circulation of drugs, the doctor comes to realize the internal power structure among the prisoners. Narratives develop, including the attempted murder of Dagger, the solitary confinement of Chico, and the romance between Lady Di and Too Bad. The doctor eventually begins to see the prisoners as survivors. Culminates with a violent conclusion: a dramatization of the October 2, 1992 prison riot known as the Carandiru Massacre, in which 111 prisoners are killed.
- DVD 3758
- A portrait of the man who overthrew a dictatorship and became a revolutionary before his life was ended. Includes both Che Part One: The Argentine and Part Two: Guerrilla and bonus features.
- DVD 7233
- Nicky is a seasoned master of misdirection who becomes romantically involved with novice con artist Jess. As he's teaching her the tricks of the trade, she gets too close for comfort and he abruptly breaks it off. Three years later, the former flame, now an accomplished femme fatale, shows up in Buenos Aires in the middle of the high stakes race-car circuit. In the midst of Nicky's latest, very dangerous scheme, she throws his plans for a loop, and the consummate con man off his game.
- DVD 11417
- A jujitsu master becomes corrupted by the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. When a respected jujitsu master eschews a lucrative prizefighting career in favor of opening a self-defense dojo, it appears that he has chosen a peaceful path in life. The dedicated master's fate takes an unanticipated turn, however, when he is manipulated into participating in ultimate fighting championships by a group of unscrupulous actors and fight promoters. Later, as the master is being relentlessly beaten in a dirty street fight, he connects with a high-profile action star with serious marital problems. Realizing that the only way to regain his honor is to step into the ring, he reluctantly prepares for the fight of his life.
- DVD 6500