Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sander, Otto
- Faraway, so close!
- "When an angel dares to cross the line, he stumbles into the harsh reality of post-Cold War Berlin and find himself engaged in deadly combat to protect the mortals he loves"--Container. A sequel to "Wings of desire."
- DVD 2059
- Marquise Von O-- The Marquise of O-- /
- During the Franco-Prussian war, a young widow who is saved from an attempted rape finds herself mysteriously pregnant several months later. Unaware of how this happened, she is sent away by her family and ends up marrying her rescuer, whom she doesn't know is the child's father.
- DVD 5842
- Rosa Luxemburg
- A portrait of Rosa Luxemburg, the legendary political and social leader known as "Red Rosa." Rosa Luxemburg, a Polish Jew, was born on March 5, 1871. She became German through an unconsummated marriage and at the beginning of the century, she played an important role in the fields of politics and morals. She was at the sides of Bebel, Jaures, and Lenin during all of the major international congresses. She was also an ardent pacifist and spent the greatest part of the war in prison.
- DVD 12350
- Versprechen The promise /
- East-Berlin, 1961, shortly after the erection of the Wall. Konrad, Sophie and three of their friends plan a daring escape to Western Germany. The attempt is successful, except for Konrad, who remains behind. From then on, and for the next 28 years, Konrad and Sophie will attempt to meet again, in spite of the Iron Curtain. Konrad, who has become a reputed Astrophysicist, tries to take advantage of scientific congresses outside Eastern Germany to arrange encounters with Sophie. But in a country where the political police, the Stasi, monitors the moves of all suspicious people (such as Konrad's sister Barbara and her husband Harald), preserving one's privacy, ideals and self-respect becomes an exhausting fight, even as the Eastern block begins its long process of disintegration.
- DVD 12351
- Wings of desire
- Based on poems by Rainer Maria Rilke. A romantic fantasy about an angel who wishes he were mortal and is willing to fall from the sky if it means a chance to fall in love. Set in modern day Berlin, the film follows angel Damiel's path from heavenly flight to earthly delight in a manner that's comical, touching and entertaining.
- DVD 1785