Films & Other Videos
Films with: Salvatori, Renato
- Sir William Walker is sent to secure a plantation at a Portuguese colony. While there be befriends Jose and Teddy, and plants the seeds of revolution in their heads. Years later he must go back and stop the revolution that he helped begin.
- DVD 4124
- Compagni The Organizer/
- In turn-of-the-twentieth-century Turin, an accident in a textile factory incites workers to stage a walkout. But it's not until they receive unexpected aid from a traveling professor that they find a voice, unite, and stand up for themselves. This historical drama by Mario Monicelli is a beautiful and moving ode to the power of the people, brimming with humor and honesty.
- DVD 8899
- Flic story
- Based on the memoir of real life French police detective Roger Borniche, Flic Story recreates a violent post-war crime spree that shocked a nation still reeling from Nazi occupation.
- DVD 4798
- Rocco e i suoi fratelli Rocco and his brothers /
- "The story of four poor Italian brothers and their mother who leave their country home and move to bustling Milan with hopes of improving their bitter fortune. The family is thrown into chaos when two of the brothers are torn apart by their love for the same woman and their struggles to succeed in a viciously competitive world."--Container.
- DVD 8500
- Soliti ignoti Mario Monicelli's Big deal on Madonna Street /
- Five men conspire to burglarize a small-time jeweler's safe. When the time comes to carry out the scheme, the men become hopelessly clumsy and have to eventually give up and go home.
- DVD 1573
- State of siege
- Costa-Gavras puts the United States' involvement in South American politics under the microscope in this arresting thriller. An urban guerilla group, outraged at the counterinsurgency and torture training clandestinely organized by the CIA in their country (unnamed in the film), abducts a U.S. official to bargain for the release of political prisoners; soon the kidnapping becomes a media sensation, leading to violence.
- DVD 10933