Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rylance, Mark
- Bridge of spies
- James Donovan is a Brooklyn lawyer who finds himself thrust into the center of the Cold War when the CIA sends him on the near-impossible task to negotiate the release of a captured American U-2 pilot.
- DVD 11437
- Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army, and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II. Intense war experience and some language.
- DVD 12490
- What starts out as a weekly anonymous tryst between a divorced man and a married woman turns into a searing portrait of loneliness and emotional need.
- DVD 3069
- Twelfth night
- In the household of Olivia (Mark Rylance), two campaigns are being quietly waged-one by the lovesick Orsino (Liam Brennan) for the heart of the indifferent Olivia; the other by an alliance of servants and hangers-on against Olivia's steward, the pompous Malvolio (Stephen Fry). When Orsino engages the cross-dressed Viola (Johnny Flynn) to plead with Olivia on his behalf, a bittersweet chain of events follows. This all-male production of Twelfth Night, filmed at Shakespeare's Globe using carefully recreated authentic clothing, music, and dance, was deemed "sensational" by the London Telegraph and "a knock out audience success" by the Observer.
- DVD 11382
- Wolf Hall
- Thomas Cromwell is a brutal blacksmith's son who rises from the ashes of personal disaster and deftly picks his way through a court where 'man is wolf to man.' King Henry VIII is obsessed with protecting the Tudor dynasty by securing his succession with a male heir to the throne. Told from Cromwell's perspective, "Wolf Hall" follows the complex machinations and back room dealings of this pragmatic and accomplished power broker who must serve king and country while dealing with deadly political intrigue, Henry VIII's tempestuous relationship with Anne Boleyn, and the religious upheavals of the Protestant reformation.
- DVD 11188