Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ruiz, Raúl
- Comédie de l'innocence The comedy of innocence /
- Shortly after his 9th birthday, Camille tells his mother Ariane that he is really Paul, and that he would like to return to his "real" mother, Isabella, who lives on the other side of town. Alarmed at first, but willing to humor him, she takes him to Isabella's and is startled to find out he knows her apartment intimately. It turns out that Isabella's son drowned two years earlier. Is Camille the reincarnation of Isabella's dead son?
- DVD 4651
- Diálogos de exiliados
- Shot in 1974, this film looks at Chilean immigrants trying to make a decent life for themselves in Paris while still clinging to their cultural identity.
- DVD 7384
- Films of Raul Ruiz
- A sailor tells a student an exotic story based on a Chilean myth; an art collector leads a tour through a gallery of living images; recounts one man's experience of seminary life during the German occupation.
- DVD 10662
- Mistérios de Lisboa Mysteries of Lisbon /
- Set in nineteenth-century Portugal, the illegitimate son of two members of the aristocracy tries to discover the truth of his parentage.
- DVD 8695
- Noche de enfrente Night across the street /
- "On the verge of a forced retirement, Don Celso, an elderly office worker begins to relive both real and imagined memories from his life--a trip to the movies as a young boy with Beethoven, listening to tall tales from Long John Silver, a brief stay in a haunted hotel. Stories hide within stories and the thin line between imagination and reality steadily erodes, opening up a marvelous new world of personal remembrance and fantastic melodrama"--Container.
- DVD 10353
- Temps retrouvé Time regained /
- Set in 1922, this film opens with Proust on his deathbed remembering his life. Gradually his own experiences give way to the characters in his novel.
- DVD 1432