Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ross, Gary
- Dreams on Spec
- "Featuring interviews with screenwriting luminaries James L. Brooks, Nora Ephron, Carrie Fisher, and Gary Ross, DREAMS ON SPEC follows three aspiring Hollywood writers as they pour their hearts into their spec(ulative) scripts, pitch their ideas to anyone who will listen, go to meetings, hold table reads, and work at low-level day jobs -- all in the hopes of one day seeing one of their beloved creations made into a movie. The documentary offers a funny and compelling look at inspiration, creativity, and solitude in Hollywood."
- DVD 6714
- Hunger games
- Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.
- DVD 9000
- Owning Mahowny
- Based on real events that occurred in between 1980 and 1981. Dan Mahowney is a quiet, unassuming assistant manager at a bank in Toronto. He is a compulsive gambler and runs up a massive debt with his bookie. Dan's bank responsibilities include approving loans. Needing to cover his debts, Dan starts approving loans to non-existent clients and adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to other accounts. As Dan's debts begin to grow into the seven figure range, his dealings become harder to hide, both from the authorities and from Belinda.
- DVD 4523
- A brother and sister are magically transported through their television set and into the black-and-white world of a 1950s sitcom called Pleasantville. Soon they affect this environment with their worldly sensibilities, and people and things slowly begin to acquire color.
- DVD 465
- Based on a true story. A half-blind ex-prizefighter and mustang breaker team up with a millionaire and his rough-hewn, undersized horse, Seabiscuit. The men bring Seabiscuit to incredible heights, helping to turn a long shot into a legend. Eventually, Seabiscuit earns Horse of the Year honors in 1938.
- DVD 3028