Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rombi, Philippe
- Comme une image look at me /
- Celebrity has unexpected consequences for everyone who lives in its shadow, as the family, friends and hangers-on of a famous writer discover. Lolita's father is a writer whose fame has made him so self-centered he has no clue the effect his egotistical behavior has on everyone around him. Now that she has grown up, Lolita becomes even more determined to make him notice her - especially since she's discovered a talent of her own and would like his approval. There are people who she thinks will help her, but she always winds up competing against them for her father's attention. And when she meets a guy who likes her for herself, Lolita finds she may actually be more like her father than she would ever have imagined.
- DVD 3783
- Girl from Paris
- Sandrine is a successful Parisienne who tires of her job in the rat race and decides to buy Adrien's isolated farm with the caveat that he remain onsite for a period of time. A touching story of growth and change and of the glorious ability of nature to stir the depths of one's heart.
- DVD 3802
- Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas /
- Loosely based on true episodes, this film tells the story of German, French, and Scottish soldiers in the bloody trenches of World War I and the miraculous Christmas Eve truce they unexpectedly forge. Follows a French lieutenant, a Scottish priest, and a German tenor and his beloved Danish soprano as music and the spirit of Christmas create bonds between enemies.
- DVD 143
- Nouvelle amie The new girlfriend /
- François Ozon's psychological drama about Claire, a young woman whose closest friend since childhood, Lea, passes away leaving behind her husband, David, and a newborn baby. One day Claire drops by David's house unexpectedly, and finds him feeding his baby with a bottle while dressed in his dead wife's clothes. He explains that Lea was aware of his predilection, and his relief that he's able to share his secret with someone moves both of them to create a female persona for him named Virginia. As David begins to identify more strongly as Virginia, this leads to confusing and conflicting feelings in Claire, and causes a rift between her and her husband.
- DVD 12191
- Swimming pool
- Sarah is a famous British murder mystery author. Tired of London and seeking inspiration for her new novel, she accepts an offer from her publisher to stay at his home in the south of France. Sarah finds that the beautiful country locale and unhurried pace is just the tonic for her - until late one night, when John's sexy and provocative daughter, Julie, unexpectedly arrives. Sarah's English reserve is jarred by Julie's lifestyle. An increasingly unsettling series of events occur that blend a creative process with a possible real-life murder.
- DVD 3270
- Under the sand
- For years, Marie and Jean have spent their vacations at their country home. One day at the beach, Marie falls asleep while Jean goes for a swim. When she awakens, he is gone. Marie notifies the authorities and even after an extensive search, no body is found. Did he drown or did he just run off?
- DVD 1318