Films & Other Videos
Films with: Robinson, David
- City lights a comedy romance in pantomime /
- A tramp wins the love of a blind flower girl and attempts to obtain money from a millionaire to help her regain her sight.
- DVD 5690
- So right so smart
- "So Right So Smart profiles companies on the cutting edge of more sustainable business practices who are proving that being environmentally friendly is both good for the earth and good for business. Their inspiring stories of leadership and innovative change provide hopeful models for the larger business community and other institutions. The primary focus of the film is a behind-the-scenes look at the transformation of Interface Inc., a global carpet manufacturer led by Ray Anderson, one of the early pioneers of green business practices. In 1994, Anderson read Paul Hawken's The Ecology of Commerce and had an epiphany: the planet was in crisis and his business was contributing to the problem. Since then, Anderson has spearheaded an often-challenging effort to transform Interface to a "restorative enterprise," and has become an inspiration to other businesses. Working with heart and commitment, Interface surrounded itself with experts in sustainability to educate and hold the company accountable."--publisher's website.
- DVD 8212
- Thanhouser Studio and the birth of American cinema 1909-1918 /
- The Thanhouser Company was a trail-blazing studio based in New Rochelle, New York, where from 1910 to 1917 it released over 1,000 films that were seen by audiences around the globe. This documentary reconstructs the relatively unknown story of the studio and its founders, technicians, and stars as they entered the nascent motion picture industry to compete with Thomas Edison and the companies aligned with his Motion Pictures Patents Corporation (MPPC).
- DVD 12258