Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rizzoli, Angelo
- 8 1/2
- Fellini's autobiographical film about a famous film director who loses his inspiration in the midst of making a film.
- DVD 1601
- Federico Fellini's La dolce vita
- A journalist ventures into the decadent society of modern Rome and finds that his values are being destroyed, leaving him totally disillusioned.
- DVD 3372
- Francesco, giullare di Dio The flowers of St. Francis /
- In a series of simple and joyous vignettes, director Roberto Rossellini and co-writer Federico Fellini lovingly convey the universal teachings of humility, faith, and sacrifice of the People's Saint--Container.
- DVD 3842
- Giulietta degli spiriti Juliet of the spirits /
- When she suspects her husband of infidelity, a housewife unleashes an unconscious ripe with erotic fantasies. In this film, Fellini's first feature-length color film, his examination of the sexual psyche unfolds via the surrealistic use of abrupt cut-aways to illustrate the woman' sexual fantasies.
- DVD 740
- Momento della verità The Moment of truth /
- "[A] visceral plunge into the life of a famous torero played by real-life bullfighting legend Miguel Mateo, known as Miguelin. Charting his rise and fall with a single-minded focus on the bloody business at hand, the film is at once gritty and operatic, placing the viewer right in the thick of the ring's action, as close to death as possible. ... [T]his is a not just an electrifying drama but also a profound and moving inquiry into a violent world and it's perhaps the greatest bullfighting movie ever made."--Container.
- DVD 8898
- Umberto D.
- Follow Umberto D., an elderly pensioner, as he struggles to make ends meet during Italy's postwar economic boom. Alone, except for his dog, Flike, Umberto strives to maintain his dignity while trying to survive in a city where traditional human kindness seems to have lost out to the forces of modernization.
- DVD 3214