Films & Other Videos
Films with: Revkin, Andrew
- Burning season the Chico Mendes story /
- Dramatized story of Chico Mendes, the activist who dedicated his life to saving the Amazon's rain forests and to alerting the world to the endangered status of these forests.
- DVD 11648
- Fueling our future a Fred Friendly seminar on alternative energy /
- "This Fred Friendly Seminar features a panel of high-profile environmental and political leaders tasked with envisioning America's energy future. Broadcast journalist Frank Sesno, assuming the top post in a hypothetical presidential administration, challenges each "cabinet member" to contribute to a strategy that will end American dependence on foreign oil and all fossil fuels. A separate scenario involving the political and technical aspects of wind farming is also explored."--Container.
- DVD 10815
- Making sense of climate change
- Revkin, an environment reporter for the New York Times, is author of three books on environment. Revkin's reporting on global warming has taken him not just the Arctic but also the halls of the White House, to research centers trying to refine energy sources that produce no pollution, and to many other spots around the globe. His stories reveal efforts by political appointees to rewrite government climate reports and limit media access to climate scientists triggered reviews of communications policies at a dozen government agencies. (The View, March 5, 2008)
- DVD 5467