Films & Other Videos
Films with: Reggio, Godfrey
- Anima mundi
- A rare film experience that draws the viewer closer to the natural world and its species. Face to face encounters with creatures large and small reveal the breadth of this living world.
- DVD 12078
- Koyaanisqatsi Life out of balance /
- Koyaanisqatsi is a Hopi Indian word meaning variously: crazy life, life in turmoil, life disintegrating, life out of balance (the subtitle for this film), and a state of life that calls for another way of life. Presented by Francis Ford Coppola, this creation of director Godfrey Reggio, cinematographer Ron Fricke, and composer Philip Glass seems to flash by your eyes but lingers in your mind.
- DVD 1370
- "In this cinematic concert, the concluding film of the Qatsi Trilogy preceded by critically acclaimed Koyaanisqatsi ("Life Out of Balance"), and Powaqqatsi (Life in Transformation"), mesmerizing images reanimated from everyday reality, then visually altered with state-of-the-art digital techniques, chronicle the shift from a world organized by the principles of nature to one dominated by technology, the synthetic and the virtual. Extremes of intimacy and spectacle, tragedy and hope fuse in a tidal wave of visuals and music, giving rise to a unique artistic experience that reflects Reggio's vision of a brave new globalized world."--Container back cover.
- DVD 3012
- Powaqqatsi life in transformation /
- "This film calls into question everything we think we know about contemporary society. By juxtaposing images of ancient cultures with those of modern life, Powaqqatsi masterfully portrays the human cost of progress."
- DVD 1439