Films & Other Videos
Films with: Raymond, Alan
- Hard times at Douglass High a No Child Left Behind report card /
- "Captures the life of a Baltimore High School struggling to meet the academic demands of the No Child Left Behind Act." -- Video Verité web site.
- DVD 7072
- I am a promise the children of Stanton Elementary School /
- Paints a poignantly captivating, unflinching, and relevant portrait of the children of Stanton Elementary School in North Philadelphia, an inner-city neighborhood where 90% of the students live below the poverty line. As seen through the devoted and determined viewpoint of principal Deanna Burney, this shows Stanton as grossly underfunded, understaffed, and filled with children struggling to overcome their difficulties. However, for these at-risk kids growing up outside the American dream, the only hope for their future survives in the success of their education.
- DVD 3843
- Journey into dyslexia
- "Academy Award winning filmmakers Alan and Susan Raymond present profiles of dyslexic students and adults who share their experiences of struggling in school . . . and succeeding in life."-- Container.
- DVD 8310