Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rasp, Fritz
- 3 groschenoper The 3 penny opera /
- "Set in the impoverished back alleys of Victorian London, The threepenny opera follows underworld antihero Mackie Messer (a.k.a. Mack the Knife) as he tries to woo Polly Peachum and elude the authorities. With a palpable evocation of corruption and dread, set to Weill's irresistible score, The threepenny opera remains a benchmark of early sound cinema." -- container.
- DVD 5091
- Love of Jeanne Ney [Die Liebe der Jeanne Ney] /
- Jeanne Ney is the daughter of a French diplomat who is assassinated by Bolsheviks. She falls in love with a young Communist, Andreas and they have a brief interlude of happiness in Paris until her uncle is murdered and the crime pinned on Andreas.
- DVD 2657
- The story of a 21st century city run by a "super trustee" and his collaborators who live in a paradise-like garden. Workers are totally enslaved by machines and condemned to live underground. In the midst of this misery, a young woman, Maria, arises and attempts to inspire the workers to throw off their oppressors.
- DVD 3752
- Having defined the espionage genre with Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler, Fritz Lang returned to the genre with this surprisingly fast-paced and remarkably grim thriller. Rudolf Klein-Rogge starts as Haghi, the head of an elaborate criminal empire, and Willy Fritsch is the undercover agent assigned to topple the diabolical king from his throne. Filled with the sexual intrigue and high-tech gadgetry that continue to define the genre, SPIES (Spione) remains remarkably contemporary, more than 85 years after its original release.
- DVD 12280