Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rappaport, Mark
- No such thing
- Beatrice works at a sleazy tabloid TV news show, run by a producer eager for something different. The producer sends her camera crew to Iceland in search of something new and unusual, but the show's crew doesn't survive their first encounter with the local monster, and Beatrice is sent to find out what happened to them. She ends up taking on the reclusive monster and takes him from the remote island and brings him into the media spotlight in New York City.
- DVD 1651
- Rock Hudson's home movies
- Using clips from Rock Hudson's films and employing a narrative commentary from beyond the grave, the filmmaker invents an eclectic form of biography in which he explores the illusory nature of Hudson's screen image and society's attitudes towards Hudson as a homosexual.
- DVD 5878
- Silver screen color me lavender /
- An exploration of the way Hollywood dealt with or ignored issues of homosexuality during its so-called Golden Age, when the studio system reigned supreme. A funny and occasionally rude re-examination of the subterfuges by which Hollywood has alluded to and at the same time avoided an issue that it could not even name, much less identify, it is at the same time a serious survey of gender issues and how they were perceived and perpetuated by the Hollywood dream factory from the 1930s up to the 1960s.
- DVD 5877