Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rank, J. Arthur
- Great expectations
- In the gloom of a country graveyard, a young boy encounters an escaped convict, a chance meeting that years later leads the boy to tragedy, mystery and wealth.
- DVD 233
- Life and death of Colonel Blimp
- Based on cartoonist David Low's parody of the old-fashioned British professional soldier, set in his ways and unable to adapt to the brutality of modern war. This story follows the career of Clive Candy, at first an idealistic, young Boer War hero, then a brigadier general, serving honorably in World War I. Finally, by World War II, he has become a bald, overweight, querulous old man, angry that his age and military experience are held in contempt, and bewildered that his lifelong code of gentlemanly conduct has become an anachronism in a world threatened by a monster like Hitler.
- DVD 5629
- Odd man out
- An IRA gunman, wounded and on the run in Belfast, is helped and hindered by a variety of people.
- DVD 5
- Red shoes
- Centers on the dilemma of a young ballerina torn between the composer who loves her and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer.
- DVD 528